Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NEO Sprint Tri

Clays was a fun race. The water was very warm, but I decided to wear a wetsuit for transistion practice. While the 40+ and Clydes were waiting to start, we saw Aaron and a few others mis the turn bouy and we could only imaging how nasty that would feel. As the swim started, my normal strategy is to hang back, since I swim slow, and stay in open water, since this was a sprint, I decided to try and push myself on ths swim this time. I eneded up in the middle of the pack on the way out of the water, a new feeling for me. T1 was fairly straight foward, I got the wetsuit off efficiently and got onto the bike. The course started with a couple of rolling hills, my legs were tired from the previous day's 4 hour hilly training ride, but it was only 13 miles, so I pushed forward and started a bing of passing folks, includeing the only Clyde I could find, at about mile 3. I saw 6 of our BAFF guys as I came to mile 5, and they were on their way back from the turn around. It was great to see so many of our team kits out there. The return of the course was mostly downhill and very fast. I got into T2, and only saw about 20 bikes, so and only a couple in the 40+ Clyde racks. I felt good, and headed out on the run. Again saw a bunch of BAFF folks including a blur which I later realized was Aaron. Finished the run with and avegage pace of 7:18 per Garmin which is really fast for me. Then started my additional training running... Got to see a few more folks out on the course and had to explain to a lady that I did not lose my timing chip... Ended up 1st place in the clyde group, 21st OA. Wrapped the day with a great picnic with the BAFF folks. Great to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment